Which AR500 Steel Target Plate Do I Need?
Use the table below to select which AR500 target is right for you. We offer a wide selection of 3/8″ and 1/2″ targets for you to choose from. At A1 Targets, we dont believe in compromising safety for a little cost savings so we only offer 3/8″ and thicker plates. There are too many variables and we believe at no time should you ever go with anything lower grade than an AR500 3/8″ thick plate.
Some other rules:
- NEVER shoot steel core ammo at an AR500 target. .
- NEVER shoot closer than 100 yards with a rifle.
- NEVER shoot closer than 10 yards for a pistol or handgun.
- NEVER shoot a bullet with a speed rating higher than 2,850 fps to prevent pitting. Pitting is dangerous because it can alter the trajectory of the bullet on impact.
Always remember safety:
- ALWAYS use proper eye and ear protection when shooting.
- ALWAYS use your common sense and practice ethical and smart range guidelines.
Rifle AR500 Target Selection Guide by Ammo
|RIFLE AMMO||3/16" AR500 Target||1/4" AR500 Target||3/8" AR500 Target||1/2" AR500 Target|
Pistol and Handgun AR500 Target Selection Guide by Ammo
|PISTOL AMMO||3/16" AR500 Target||1/4" AR500 Target||3/8" AR500 Target||1/2" AR500 Target|
Shotgun AR500 Target Selection Guide by Ammo
|SHOTGUN AMMO||3/16" AR500 Target||1/4" AR500 Target||3/8" AR500 Target||1/2" AR500 Target|
|20 G SLUG||OK||OK|
|12 G SLUG||OK|