Posted on

What gun parts require an FFL?

An Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) that allows a person or business to engage in the business of manufacturing, importing, and selling firearms and ammunition. In the United States, it is generally required to have an FFL to engage in these activities, although there are some exceptions for certain types of transactions.

In general, the following gun parts are considered to be firearms and require an FFL to manufacture, import, or sell:

  • Frames or receivers
  • Barrels
  • Silencers
  • Conversion kits

It is important to note that the rules and regulations regarding the manufacture, import, and sale of firearms and firearm parts can vary significantly depending on the jurisdiction. It is recommended to familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations in your area before engaging in any activities related to firearms.

This is not a complete list of items and is not meant to be a complete exhaustive list as laws and regulations are constantly changing.